In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 Whetley Academy’s equality objectives are:
- To close the attainment gap between all groups of children to ensure that every child reaches their full potential.
- To treat all children and adults within the school community with dignity and respect.
- To be proactive in eradicating prejudice in relation to all the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010, (age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation).
- To enable fair access to activities and opportunities for all children and adults within school.
- To increase pupils’ understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school.
Link to the Equality Act 2010: